factory vs carpenter made
Apart from your bedrooms and living room , your kitchen should also look good.For this very reason ,more and more families are opting for it over carpenter made kitchens.Until a few years ago, most Indian home owners would either hire a local carpenter ,but the modular kitchen concept is gaining popularity these days .The question that arises is that whether you should take the traditional route and get a carpenter to build you a kitchen or get a designer-approved fully-functional modular kitchen? Modular Kitchens are built with ready made cabinets,shutters,panels and other parts which are assembled together to form a single kitchen unit. The cabinets are constructed in a factory and shipped to the customer’s home and installed by the kitchen expert. Wall hangings, rotating tall units, lift-up flaps, soft-closing drawers -these things are basically the ones which a carpenter won’t be able to create for you .
When it comes to refurnishing the kitchen, we might get confused with the different options available in the market. Whether to go with the traditional way of getting a carpenter or to go with the factory made kitchen.
To make this choice easy we give you the unbiased preview of both the sides.
- Modular Kitchens are machine made and beautifully carved.
- Easy to assemble.
- Designed to your specifications and ready to install at your place.
- Factory or machine-made shutters of modular kitchens are evenly pressed, perfectly finished, and has no open edges. This ensures that no bacteria or pests enter the cabinets, and you have a clean hygienic kitchen.
- The finish might fade with time
- Expensive option
- Low quality wood might have been used .
- A lot of modular kitchens use cheap stuff like MDF, “Engineered” wood, etc. This is NOT wood. Higher grades of wood in modular kitchens, but those can be very With a carpenter made kitchen, you can even buy the wood on your own!
- Carpenters are locally available and more easy to approach
- It is easier to play around with the budget because these carpenters are comparatively more flexible with pricing
- It’s difficult to find a replacement handle or plank,with new designs coming out every year, the old designs are discarded,in case of modular kitchen . But the case is not so in carpenter made kitchens .
- Limited number of design options.
- Carpenters are not that familiar with most contemporary designs.
- There is no guarantee for replacement or regular service.
Modular kitchens are way better that carpenter made kitchens as far as quality, completions and finishing is concerned . At the same time, carpenter made kitchens are a good decision ,when you can manage the carpenters and don’t want to spend much on this . A bad carpenter can make a mess of your kitchen but so can a bad modular kitchen. So make your choices wisely ! Good luck !