Must have Wallpapers for the modern home! - iRenovate
Wallpapers are in vogue these days and truly a feast for the eyes. Wallpaper adds color, design & character to a room that paint simply cannot accomplish, and can be more cost-effective option in the long run.
Many well designed spaces incorporate both paint and wallpaper into their designs.
Advantages of Wallpaper
- Wallpaper can last up to 15 years and beyond, which makes it cost-effective in the long run.
- Wallpaper adheres easily and smoothly to walls, hiding many surface imperfections.
- It can also add warmth, depth and style to a room that monotone paint simply cannot achieve.
- Many of today’s wallpapers (non-woven technology) strip off in large sheets easily . You can simply pull up a corner and pull the entire wall-covering with no tools or hassle.
- Holds up to the wear and tear of children or conditions in high traffic areas.
Disadvantages of Wallpaper
- The process of applying wallpaper to walls is more time consuming than painting.
- Some older wallpapers can be more tedious to remove.
Advantages of Paint
- Paint is normally fairly easy to accomplish.
- Most people can do a paint job themselves and just need to buy the supplies.
Disadvantages of Paint
- Paint can only provide a color in a very limited spectrum of finishes from matte to glossy. Wallpaper, on the other hand, comes in a dazzling array of designs with an incredible selection of beautiful effects .
- Paint also chips and cracks over time, so you will need to reapply and touch up your paint job more often.
- It is also quite messy to apply paint to walls, and you can easily stain your floors, ceilings, furniture or appliances.
Wallpaper v/s Paint :
There are several benefits to using wallpaper over simply painting a wall in your home.
- Perhaps, the most obvious benefit of using wallpaper is the variety of decorating options.
- Wallpaper is easy to clean. Most of today’s wallpapers are coated so that they wipe clean from common household marks.This makes your wall covering more durable than some paints, which fade over repeated scrubbings.
- wallpaper can hide blemishes in the wall’s plaster far better than a coat of paint.
- wallpaper is the easiest and least expensive way to drastically transform a space without needing many other elements.
Misconceptions about wallpaper –
- Difficult to clean – most wallpapers are washable with a light sponging or there are also many with scrubable surfaces for an even greater durability and cleaning strength.Washable wallpaper means that the wallpaper can be lightly cleaned with a sponge or damp cloth and a simple detergent solution to get rid of dirt.This makes it great for spaces like living rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms and will clean easily with gentile sponging.Scrubbable wallpaper means that the wallpaper can withstand scrubbing with a brush and a specific detergent solution. These wallpapers are more durable than washable wallpaper and can handle mild detergent which is most useful in heavy wear areas such as a kitchen, bath, or laundry room. Scrubbable wallpapers will remove any fears of wallpaper cleaning and also makes wallpaper more life lasting and durable than paint.
- Difficult to remove – New “paste the wall” technology allows you to peel it off the wall in a single strip with no mess or hassle.
- Expensive – Like paint, wallpaper has a range of price points to keep all users in mind, and in the long run wallpaper will last longer than paint saving you long term expenses.
Some latest designs –
Stone look –
Back to the historic times –
Stripe Vibe –
Textured Vinyl Wallpaper
Wood 3D Effect Embossed Wallpaper-
Faux Vintage Wood Panel Wallpaper
Black and white –
Electrifying with Turquoise –
Playful-Use these tips and designs to decorate your home !